Thursday 23 September 2021

ROTARY CLUB IKEJA GRA INSTALLS CHANGEMAKER PRESIDENT; OLAWUYI B. ABINIBI SAYS IT IS A CALL TO ‘GIVING 100% MORE THAN I USED TO DO’; DIGNITARIES EXTOL HIS LEADERSHIP QUALITIES

By Oki Samson

The Rotary Club Ikeja GRA now has a new President in person of Rotarain Olawuyi B. Abinibi.

The President, 10th in the row and the Changemaker President was installed over the weekend at an elaborate investiture ceremony which held in NECA House, Ikeja, Lagos.

Speaking at his investiture ceremony, the new President, Rotarian Olawuyi Abinibi affirmed: ‘This is a privilege and honor to serve humanity.

It is a privilege to serve this great club as President. Serving is more work.

It is me giving 100% more than I used to do in the past. I will continue to do more.


I thank the club for believing so much in me’, he shared with Oki Samson of Trek Africa Newspaper at the event.

Eulogizing the qualities of the new President, the Chairman of the event, Engr. Yemi Oguntominiyi noted: ‘In my opening remarks, I said that the Rotary Club has not made any mistake by installing Abinibi as the President because I know him as somebody who has good leadership qualities.

He is enterprising in nature and he is highly connected. I believe that by the time he brings these qualities in the next one year, the Rotary Club will know it for good.’

On his part, the guest speaker, Balogun Gafar Ojetola remarked about Abinibi, ‘I wish that all Nigerian youths will be here today to see how we celebrate integrity, hard work, innovation, vision from what we see from the new President. He is a youth, he represents the youth.


He has achieved all this from integrity, focus, vision and hardwork. I will want Nigerian youths to emulate what we see in him.’

Also speaking, the keynote speaker at the event, Dr. Tunde Ayeye said: ‘I have no doubt that Abinibi will do very well.

He is someone who has the heart of service, even in his business.

He gives over and beyond what he is asked to do. His heart is committed to service.

I believe that his tenure, the club will grow in leaps and bounds.’

A protégé of Mr. Abinibi, Mr. Adepeju who was present at the event shared: ‘He is a very great and humble man. I met him 12 years ago. He was the one who taught me decoration.

I thank God for where I am today and where he is too. I am happy to be here to get an award and also to support him.’


The immediate family of the new President of Rotary Club Ikeja GRA were not left out as they shared about their person.

The wife of Rotr. Babatunde Olawuyi Abinibi, Mrs. Temitope Olawuyi commented: ‘I feel very happy, fulfilled, and blessed to be the wife of a great man. He deserves everything he is today because of his hard work.

I wish him a great year as Changemaker President.

I am a Rotarian partially. He is a wonderful husband and father.

I don’t want to say much because people see it and they say it. He provides solutions and he is a changemaker. He is a go-to man when people have challenges.’

‘Being his wife, I have no choice than to be supportive because he is doing this for a noble cause and I know he is there to make people happy.


I will give him 100% support.

I trust my husband as he has not given me any reason not to trust him. I would advise people to trust their spouses because that is the reason why you are married.

Let us also be open and honest in our dealings so that we will not have reasons to lose trust’, she disclosed to Trek Africa Newspaper.

The father, Mr. Olawuyi Lukman Aderemi also expressed: ‘He is widely known to many people in Lagos.

I believe he is going to assist the club immensely with this connection and convincing them to come and join and when they join, they will contribute to the growth of the club.’

Fellow Rotarians who were present at the investiture ceremony also had gracious words to share about him.

The past President of Rotary Club Mushin Golden, Rotr. Ayo Adeyemi said: ‘I appreciate our new President, he is a great man and I can see all that has happened today has become a success.

I am a member of Rotary Club Akowonjo but I was chartered to Rotary Club Mushin Golden where I became President.

I have been a part of the Rotary Club Ikeja GRA from the beginning because I was chartered here again when we were about to start.

So believe me, I have lots of people that I respect in this club.

I am proud to be a part of the foundation of this club and it gives me great joy when you see what you founded that it is doing well.’


Rotr. Ade Akinfolurin said: ‘My message to him is that he should continue service to humanity.

Where we stopped, he should continue there and take it to the next level.

We are inculcating the habit of letting people know the ideal of Rotary Club. It is not about you having money, it is about those you are impacting the lives.

If you imbibe the tenet of Rotary Club you will not be stingy to let go anything, you will help other people. God didn’t bless you for yourself but for other people.’

Speaking about the capacity of Rotr. Abinibi to deliver on the new role, the immediate past President of the Ikeja GRA, Rotr. Alex Abah added: ‘In Rotary Club, we have the President, President-elect, and the President-nominee so Rotr. Abinibi has been seeing what I am doing and have been able to ask questions and that is the way it runs in Rotary so it is easy for continuity.







Trekafrica.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, advise and encouragement are always welcome.
We are here to serve you better.

Thanks for visiting!



Management

Featured post

Looking for Original and long lasting products? Jiji it now!

Some people don’t understand why the others keep listening music on vinyl, watching films on the DVD and printing photos. We can argue a ...

Most Popular Posts