Saturday 14 May 2016

I prostrated before Obasanjo, begging for forgiveness – Okupe

Former senior special assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on public affairs, Doyin Okupe, has recounted how he begged and prostrated before former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Narrating his encounter with the former president on his Facebook page, Friday, Dr. Okupe said he ( Obasanjo),” descended on me heavily and vented his anger copiously.

I prostrated and held his feet as a well trained Yoruba man and pleaded earnestly for his forgiveness.” Okupe wrote: ” Last Sunday , in the company of some friends I met with Baba Obasanjo principally to try and settle and resolve the misunderstanding that has existed between Baba and I since I joined the Jonathan’s administration,” he wrote on his Facebook page on Friday, May 13.

“Vintage Baba, he descended on me heavily and vented his anger copiously. I prostrated and held his feet as a well trained Yoruba man and pleaded earnestly for his forgiveness, occasionally given short explanations for areas I considered my actions were misunderstood. “Also typical of Baba, ever willing to forgive a repentant son, we embraced, I even kissed him as a loving son.

“Politics sometimes is such a bad business, you hurt your friends and even benefactors, but its all that is well that ends well.” Okupe is one of the Chieftains of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the South West, who vowed to pull out of the party if its Chairmanship position is not zoned to the region.







Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, advise and encouragement are always welcome.
We are here to serve you better.

Thanks for visiting!



Management

Featured post

Looking for Original and long lasting products? Jiji it now!

Some people don’t understand why the others keep listening music on vinyl, watching films on the DVD and printing photos. We can argue a ...

Most Popular Posts