Sunday 1 May 2016

How evil spirit led me to steal – UNIZIK student

The Edo state Police Command has paraded a 23-year-old suspected burglar, Victor Uhoka, who blamed evil spirits for pushing him to burgle a clothe store in Benin before he was nabbed.

The incident happened April 21 on Akenzua Street, off Airport road, in Oredo Local Government Area, LGA of the state.
Uhoka was paraded before newsmen on Friday by the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Abiodun Osifo.

Osifo said the suspect who hails from Orlu LGA of Imo state was apprehended after some residents noticed his moves and raised the alarm.

The PPRO said, “Uhuka Victor came from a neighbouring state, He came prepared with burglary equipment like a hammer to perfect his criminal action. He went to a shop at Akenzua in the afternoon to buy an item; he did that just to survey the store, only for him to resurface later in the night to burgle the shop.

“While the act was being carried out, people who heard the noise as he was breaking in alerted the police.

“The place was cordoned off and he was later arrested. He has confessed to the crime.

“Investigation is on; as soon as we conclude investigation, he will be charged to court,” the PPRO noted.

In his confession, the suspect who claimed to be a diploma student of Business Administration at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa, Anambra State, said evil spirit lured him to commit the act, adding that the evil spirit left him after he was caught.

He said he went into burglary to enable him complete his diploma programme at the university.

Victor allegedly used an iron bar and hammer to break the door to the store at about 7 pm an the the said day.

He said, “I’m still a student at UNIZIK, Business Administration. I bought the bar hammer and bag with the little money I came with, about N4,000. My intention was to use it to remove the ceiling of the woman’s shop and collect the clothes but I did not succeed.

“It wasn’t my intention to do this. But this is my final year in my diploma and my grade point is not good and I have suffered for all these years to pass through the diploma but I could not make it. So, I decided to look for some money to give to our coordinator, who will offer us admission as a regular student, so that I can pass my courses.

“I went to a woman where she was selling her clothes and tried to enter her shop and collect her clothes before people saw me, started beating me and handed me over to the police. I went there with an iron bar around 7 pm.

“I don’t know how it came over me. It’s just that I was under pressure and panicky. I was pushed by an evil spirit. I am regretting why I did that and the spirit that made me to do that is no longer with me,” he added.






Daily Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, advise and encouragement are always welcome.
We are here to serve you better.

Thanks for visiting!



Management

Featured post

Looking for Original and long lasting products? Jiji it now!

Some people don’t understand why the others keep listening music on vinyl, watching films on the DVD and printing photos. We can argue a ...

Most Popular Posts