Sunday 3 January 2016

I’m going no where - Ighalo

Nigeria  international Odion Ighalo has ruled out the possibility of departing Watford in the January transfer window.


The 26-year-old has been in fine fettle this season, bagging 14 goals and two assists in 19 Premier League appearances for the Hornets.
His form has most certainly not gone unnoticed, with reports in the English media suggesting that Atletico Madrid are keeping tabs on the former Udinese frontman.

However, Ighalo is fully focused on the task at hand, and insists he is committed to the Watford cause.

“I want to finish the season strongly with Watford and prove that we have a good bunch of players here,” he told BBC Sport. “When the focus is on a strong finish, transfer talk will not get to you.

“Watford are doing well at the moment because we have a fantastic team and not because of one particular player.

“We didn’t get the result we deserved against Tottenham but we want to put that right against Man City – that’s what is in front of me right now.

“It’s a new year in front of our fans, I want to keep scoring for my team and fight hard alongside my team-mates.”

Ighalo is currently third in the Premier League top scorers table, and will have the chance to claim top spot, depending on results elsewhere, when the Hornets face title hopefuls Manchester City on Saturday.

The Nigerian insists he does not pay any heed to the statistics, saying he is only focused on improving.

“I haven’t really bothered myself about statistics because I’ve always had my feet on the ground and I never forget where I come from,” Ighalo added.

“I am just focused on getting better, doing things right on the pitch and being myself on the pitch.”




Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, advise and encouragement are always welcome.
We are here to serve you better.

Thanks for visiting!



Management

Featured post

Looking for Original and long lasting products? Jiji it now!

Some people don’t understand why the others keep listening music on vinyl, watching films on the DVD and printing photos. We can argue a ...

Most Popular Posts