Wednesday 8 July 2015

I don’t know Solomon Arase – Fake policeman



LAGOS — Ignorance of who Mr. Solomon Arase (Inspector General of Police) is gave out a 33-year-old man arrested for impersonating a Police Constable.
He told operatives of Lagos State Police Command X-Squad that his action was inspired by love for the profession.
The suspect, Godwin Akhenamen, who claimed to have been parading as a policeman for 12 years, was sighted in Ikeja, Monday, fully kitted in a SPY police uniform.
But the service number on the uniform reportedly gave him away, owing to its irregularity. When accosted by men of the X-Squad, he reportedly insisted he was a policeman.

He was reportedly asked if he knew the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase. But he claimed not to have any relative or friend who bore that name.
At that point, he was arrested and revealed during interrogation that he was not a policeman.
‘I love this job’
Akhenamen told Vanguard how he had on several occasions made attempts to join the Nigeria Police without luck.
According to him: “I love the Police profession and have always wanted to be a policeman. But several attempts made to join failed. The reason was based on the ground that I did not finish my primary school education.
“In 2003, I decided to join the SPY police training, but by the time I got to Ikeja, I was told that registration had closed. I went back to my private security job only to be sacked two weeks later.
“Living became difficult and I could not go out to look for job because I had no money to transport myself.
“So, I borrowed money to get black material with which I made this uniform; to enjoy free transportation to any destination of my choice.
“People also accorded me due respect because they thought I am a policeman. I swear I do not steal with it. Things were moving smoothly for me for 12 years until X-Squad men accosted me and asked if I knew Arase.
“I thought the person reported me to them and I asked them what offence the person levelled against me, not knowing he is the IG.”
Lagos State Command spokesman, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident and said that the suspect would soon be charged to court.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, advise and encouragement are always welcome.
We are here to serve you better.

Thanks for visiting!



Management

Featured post

Looking for Original and long lasting products? Jiji it now!

Some people don’t understand why the others keep listening music on vinyl, watching films on the DVD and printing photos. We can argue a ...

Most Popular Posts